Friday 8 March 2013

Underneath the dressings

Warning: Not for the faint-hearted.


I currently have a leg infection where my pin sites aren't healing properly. This is what they look like at the moment without the dressings:

This is halfway on my right side. It weeps quite a bit.


Probably the worst is the right top pins by my knees. The Pin has moved so much it's creating a hole in my leg that isn't healing.


This is on the left top pins by my knee. While it doesn't seem so bad from this angle, it's actually making a hole because of the pin on the other side (see above)


This is the middle of my leg on the left. It's probably the best pins out of them all and isn't bleeding much.



So I guess the next step is to see the dr and get on some more drugs and hope for the best. I'm in quite a bit of pain when I walk at the moment because everything heals over and as soon as I walk, it opens all back up.

Never mind though. Just got to keep thinking happy thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roxy Hope your infections clear up! I am still very new at this! Had my op 3 weeks ago. Started to tighten the screws twice a day 6 days ago. Have to lengthen the bone 5cm (so i am 1/2 cm done n dusted). Do you have alot of pain still? Yikes it is no joke when they say it is painful! Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery! Xx Lul - South Africa

    ReplyDelete